The Italian car manufacturer, Alfa Romeo will soon launch its all-new compact luxury crossover SUV as 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio. As the present market scenario states that more people are investing in SUV models, Alfa Romeo is hopeful to increase its annual sale with this model. Some of the spy shots have shown a few specifications, although actual specifications are yet to be revealed.
2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio – Expectations
The first attempt to build an SUV was back in 2003 Kamal Concept of the car, presented at the Geneva Motor Show. Now, the automaker has confirmed that Stelvio will get a grand release in the upcoming market. It will feature:
- It is expected to use Giorgio platform that is shared with Alfa Romeo Giulia.
- 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio will be available in rear-wheel drive and all-wheel drive systems.
- It might borrow the engine from Giulia. It will consist of 2.0-liter turbocharged, 4-cylinder inline
- An engine variant of 2.2-liters 4-inline diesel will likely to get a chance.
- Another engine of 2.9-liter twin-turbo, V6 can produce a power of 500 hp will be the topmost engine in its performance.
- As per the engine variant, buyers will get two transmission systems for new Stelvio that include 6-speed manual transmission and 8-speed automatic transmission.
- According to the manufacturer, it has been found that 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio will get its assembly in Fiat Cassino Plant, Italy.
Apart from the above facts, it will offer luxurious interior. Although interior design is still a mystery, one can expect high-quality amenities to be featured. It is supposed to provide a newly designed dashboard and center console. The arrangement of other parts is likely to remain the same as in Giulia such as instrument cluster, center stake, infotainment system and much more.
This is for sure that Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2018 will come with plenty of premium features along with modern features. The available spy shots are unable to reveal all these implementations. Experts have reported that its standard features will include leather upholstery, contrast stitching, aluminum inserts and much more.
This sets the competition in the upcoming market with other manufacturer’s model. The 2018 Stelvio is expected to get some main rivals that include Audi Q5 and BMW X3.
2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio – Expected Engine Specifications
However, the automaker does not unveil any such information yet. According to different sources, its 2.0-liter gasoline engine can produce a maximum power of 197 hp and 243 lb-ft. of torque. Looking forward to its 2.2-liter diesel variant, it can deliver a power of 148 hp and 280 lb-ft. of torque. With the possibility of some changes in its diesel variant, this configuration will produce 177 hp of power and a torque of 331 lb-ft.
2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio – Price
The manufacturer is thoughtful of holding the market in upcoming season. It is expected that 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio might get a price range from $40,000 to $50,000. It totally depends on the automaker how it sets the competition with its competitors with the price and performance.